Friday, June 3, 2011

It's a long, long road...


Tomorrow I start on the Border2Border project that I had previously written about. I haven't had too much time to train and am fighting a cold this week but I am biting the bullet and heading out. Luckily, we have about 15 hours of daylight every day right now so we can take things as slowly as we need to and will have a lot of support along the way (fellow volunteers that we will stay with, volunteers from the Red Cross, World Vision and other organizations that will help with presentations and probably random meals from people we pass).

A picture of the route is above and I am in the team walking from the Georgian border (at the top of the country) to Yeghegnadzor (the blue dot).

I will have very limited internet access during the next few weeks so this is my last post until we are done. Stay tuned for stories, pictures and whatever else comes along.

Here we go....